Lethbridge Lifestyle InfoA mid-sized city of approximately 95,000 people, Lethbridge is located in the southern part of Alberta, Canada. With an average of 320 days of sunshine each year and one of the warmest winters in the western provinces, there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy the all that this city and region has to offer. The geographic location also ensures close proximity to world class ski resorts in the Canadian Rockies, majestic national parks, the vibrant city of Calgary and the U.S. border.
With plenty of sunshine, short commute times and access to a range of quality opportunities in the areas of education, sports and recreation, and arts and culture you’ll find that Lethbridge offers a desirable work life balance you can enjoy.
Check out a few quick facts about living in Lethbridge:
- A family earning $80,000 annually has $16,875 in disposable income (compared to -$60 in Calgary)
- Lethbridge has more than 70 parks, 140 km of walking and running trails, playgrounds and sports fields
- Lethbridge is ranked the 9th best place to live in all of Canada and the 11th best place to raise kids
- In 2012, The University of Lethbridge was named the Research University of the Year
- Average home prices in Lethbridge are among the lowest of all major cities in Western Canada
Listen as George Carscadden, Sergeant i/c Training Unit for the Lethbridge Regional Police, talks about the lifestyle in Lethbridge and the benefits to raising a family here.
Interested in learning more about living in Lethbridge?
Visit www.chooselethbridge.ca/lifestyle or www.chooselethbridge.ca/bip and select the Livability check box to generate a pdf document that you can view, save and print.